Exempt Career Opportunities
Positions within the exempt staff group include school and central services non-management positions not covered by a collective agreement.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
Exempt Non-Management Terms and Conditions
SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
10-month, full-time, temporary
Edmonton Public Schools is seeking a full-time, 10-month temporary Speech Language Pathologist to join our team of professionals to work with children in the Pre-Kindergarten Program. As the ideal candidate, you will work collaboratively with families and community partners to provide safe, caring, healthy, diverse, inclusive and equitable learning experiences for students.
- you are energetic and enjoy working with children
- you thrive working in a multi-disciplinary environment that encourages collaboration
- you have achieved excellence in your profession
- you are client focused
- you make a difference
ABOUT YOUR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- you have a Master’s degree in speech language pathology
- you are registered with Alberta College of Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists
- you have a minimum of one year related experience in classroom-based service delivery to children
- you have excellent communication, collaboration and consultative skills
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Speech Language Pathologist will:
- provide classroom based assessment to children in the Pre-Kindergarten Program
- administer, interpret and analyze assessments to facilitate student learning and promote student achievement
- select, develop and implement strategies and activities to develop speech language skills
- participate in and conduct Family Oriented Programming sessions
ABOUT WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER:
- competitive salary ($3,007.20 to $3,842.30 bi-weekly)
- a comprehensive benefits package including extended health care, dental, vision and extended disability
- Health/Wellness Spending Account
- professional development opportunities
If you are interested in working with an organization that fosters growth and success for every student supported by our cornerstone values of accountability, collaboration, equity and integrity, we encourage you to apply.
NOTE: This position is term definite until June 29, 2018 and will continue September 1, 2018 – December 1, 2018.
View the full job posting