Exempt Career Opportunities
Inclusive Learning, Newton location 5523 122 Ave NW
10-month, full-time, permanent
Position opening date
June 16, 2017
Position closing date
June 23, 2017
Edmonton Public Schools is seeking a Psychology Consultant to join our team of professionals to work with school-aged students who have severe disabilities. This is a permanent, full-time, 10-month position. As the ideal candidate, you will provide a range of assessment and consultative services and work with schools to help facilitate educational programming to meet student’s cognitive, behavioural and social-emotional needs.
• you are a compassionate, dedicated champion of children and youth
• you are responsive to the cognitive, behavioural and social-emotional needs of your clients
• you are a team player who shares ideas, resources and strategies enthusiastically
• you have exceptional assessment and consultative skills
• you work well with diverse groups of people from all walks of life
ABOUT YOUR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s Degree in Educational Psychology or related field
• a minimum of three years related experience as a psychologist in an educational environment
• very good understanding of best practices related to differentiated instruction and strategies for inclusion and accommodation
• excellent oral and written communication skills
• strong interpersonal, coaching and conflict management skills
• you have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for travel
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Psychology Consultant will:
• provide consultative and professional services to students who have a range of cognitive ability levels and social-emotional functioning
• work in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team to provide programming recommendations to schools and families
• participate as a member of the critical incident response team
• provide specialized, diagnostic and functional assessment of student abilities
• make recommendations for additional supports and services that may be required for educational programming
ABOUT WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER:
• competitive salary ($3,305.40 - $4,227.30 bi-weekly)
• a comprehensive benefits package including extended health care, dental, vision and extended disability
• pension plan eligibility
• Health Spending/Health Wellness Account
• professional development opportunities
If you are interested in working with an organization that supports and encourages children with special needs to reach their full potential, we encourage you to apply.
Note: Two positions available
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (in Word or PDF format) quoting competition #250201 by June 23, 2017, via email to email@example.com. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted.
About Edmonton Public Schools
Edmonton Public Schools is the second largest school district in Alberta, with over 7,500 staff focused on meeting the diverse needs of more than 92,000 students across 202 schools and education sites. Our Vision is to transform the learners of today into the leaders of tomorrow. We inspire student success through high quality learning opportunities, supported by meaningfully engaged students, parents, staff and community. The District’s cornerstone values of accountability, collaboration, equity and integrity support us in achieving our Vision and Mission.
Our District is committed to excellence and hires based on merit. We value diversity and welcome applications from all qualified individuals. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. Prior to employment, successful candidates will be required to submit records check documents.