Exempt Career Opportunities
Speech Language Pathologist
Elmwood School, 16325 – 83 Ave
10-month, full-time, permanent
Position opening date
June 16, 2017
Position closing date
June 23, 2017
Edmonton Public Schools is seeking a full-time, 10-month permanent Speech Language Pathologist to join our team of professionals to work with children in the Early Education Program. As the ideal candidate, you will work collaboratively with families and community partners to provide safe, caring, healthy, diverse, inclusive and equitable learning experiences for all students.
• you are energetic and enjoy working with children
• you thrive working in a multi-disciplinary environment that encourages collaboration
• you have achieved excellence in your profession
• you are client focused
• you make a difference
ABOUT YOUR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• you have a Master’s degree in speech language pathology
• you are registered with Alberta College of Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists
• you have a minimum of one year related experience in classroom-based service delivery to children
• you have excellent communication, collaboration and consultative skills
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Speech Language Pathologist will:
• provide classroom based assessment to children in the Early Education Program
• administer, interpret and analyze assessments to facilitate student learning and promote student achievement
• select, develop and implement strategies and activities to develop speech language skills
• participate in and conduct Family Oriented Programming sessions
ABOUT WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER:
• competitive salary ($3,007.20 to $3,842.30 bi-weekly)
• a comprehensive benefits package including extended health care, dental, vision and extended disability
• Health/Wellness Spending Account
• professional development opportunities
If you are interested in working with an organization that fosters growth and success for every student supported by our cornerstone values of accountability, collaboration, equity and integrity, we encourage you to apply.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (in Word or PDF format) quoting competition #250207 by June 23, 2017, via email to email@example.com. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted.
About Edmonton Public Schools
Edmonton Public Schools is the second largest school district in Alberta, with over 7,500 staff focused on meeting the diverse needs of more than 92,000 students across 202 schools and education sites. Our Vision is to transform the learners of today into the leaders of tomorrow. We inspire student success through high quality learning opportunities, supported by meaningfully engaged students, parents, staff and community. The District’s cornerstone values of accountability, collaboration, equity and integrity support us in achieving our Vision and Mission.
Our District is committed to excellence and hires based on merit. We value diversity and welcome applications from all qualified individuals. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. Prior to employment, successful candidates will be required to submit records check documents.