Exempt Career Opportunities
Centre for Education
12-month, full-time, permanent
Position opening date
April 13, 2018
Position closing date
April 23, 2018
The successful candidate for this full-time, permanent position will be responsible for planning, designing and implementing efficient, safe and reliable school bus routes for students with special needs who receive curb service. The incumbent will also provide service to schools, students and parents; assist the Manager with departmental administrative tasks; and collaborate with the planning department by providing input to program distribution relative to transportation issues.
• you are customer focused and understand that safety is paramount
• you are a skilled communicator who is comfortable interacting with various stakeholders
• you are a problem solver who builds consensus and cooperation
• you thrive in an environment where you feel challenged
• you make a difference
ABOUT YOUR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• a diploma in planning or a related field
• one to three years related experience including urban planning, or transportation logistics
• experience with transportation of students who have special needs
• knowledge of geographic based bus routing computer systems
• excellent consultative, collaborative and communication skills
• valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle
ABOUT THE ROLE:
• designing and maintaining bus routes
• liaising with internal and external stakeholders to promote an understanding of transportation guidelines and policies
• providing service and support to parents and District staff
• working with bus carriers to provide service and resolve issues
• providing lead-hand supervision to Route Designers
• attending meetings, providing information, and drafting reports
ABOUT WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER:
• competitive salary ($2,435.30 TO $3,106.60 bi-weekly)
• a comprehensive benefits package including extended health care, dental, vision and extended disability
• pension plan eligibility
• Health Spending/Health Wellness Account
• professional development opportunities
If you are interested in working with an organization that fosters growth and success for every student supported by our cornerstone values of accountability, collaboration, equity and integrity, we encourage you to apply.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (in Word or PDF format) quoting competition #253592 by April 23, 2018, via email to email@example.com. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted.
About Edmonton Public Schools
Edmonton Public Schools is the second largest school district in Alberta, with over 8,500 staff focused on meeting the diverse needs of approximately 99,000 students across 213 schools and education sites. Our Vision is to transform the learners of today into the leaders of tomorrow. We inspire student success through high-quality learning opportunities, supported by meaningfully engaged students, parents, staff and community. The District’s cornerstone values of accountability, collaboration, equity and integrity support us in achieving our Vision and Mission.
Our District is committed to excellence and hires based on merit. We value diversity and welcome applications from all qualified individuals. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. Prior to employment, successful candidates will be required to submit records check documents.