Issue Date: 25/09/2001
Effective Date: 11/09/2001
Review Year: 2008
- The Board favours the timely resolution of disagreements by those involved. If a disagreement cannot be resolved, the Board encourages those seeking resolution to utilize the available district appeal processes.
- District appeal processes shall be fair and reasonable.
- Except where the authority has been specifically delegated to the Administration, the Board reserves the right to hear appeals on any decision made by the Administration.
- Appeals shall be heard by the Board or by the Conference Committee of the Board, depending upon the nature of the appeal as determined by the Board.
- Parental appeals relating to the provision of funding and, or programming for students with severe language and speech delays shall be heard by the Superintendent of Schools or by any person(s) identified by the Superintendent of Schools and who is on the roster of persons approved to preside at such hearings. This roster shall be composed of persons recommended by the Superintendent of Schools and approved by the Board. The Superintendent of Schools shall ensure that all duties and responsibilities of the Board are carried out with respect to any hearings conducted under this section.
- Parents shall be advised that they may request that the Minister of Education review any decisions under this section.
AB.AR Appeal ProcessesHGD.BP Student Suspension and ExpulsionIAB.BP Comments, Delegations and Presentations at Board Meetings by Public and Staff RepresentativesSchool Act
(please see Section 123 of the School Act)