District Technology standards express the desired or ideal state. While it is common practice to refer to technology standards such as those for networking, hardware, software, and wiring, in the terminology used by Edmonton Public Schools these are referred to as specifications.
The standards for District Technology are:
- All students will have access to and use technology to enhance learning across the curriculum.
- All teachers will have access to and use technology to enhance teaching, planning, assessing, reporting, and personal professional development.
- All schools and central services departments will use appropriate technology to enhance planning, communication, financial management, and the flow of information.
- Services will be available to assist schools and central services departments in formulating and implementing plans for technology.
- All schools and central services departments will plan effectively for technology integration and technology change.