The Board of Trustees believes that the consumption of alcohol in schools or at district sponsored student functions is inappropriate. Further, the Board of Trustees believes that the use of tobacco in district facilities or on district property should be prohibited.
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited:
- in schools; and
- at all student functions, including but not limited to, such functions as graduations and field trips, whether held at a district facility or elsewhere.
- Subject to the approval of the Superintendent of Schools, the consumption of alcoholic beverages may be permitted:
- in district facilities, other than schools, used for district sponsored functions or rented for the use of external groups, which would not include district students.
- Subject to the approval of the Superintendent of Schools, the performance by students at venues where alcoholic beverages are available may be permitted.
Tobacco use is prohibited in district facilities and on district property utilized in whole or in part by district staff.