Full-day Kindergarten programming promotes play and curiousity, supporting students who are learning English or living in socially vulnerable neighbourhoods.
- Develop early reading, writing and math skills
- Learn to share, co-operate, be responsible, problem-solve, self-express and make decisions
- Participate in group and individual classroom activities
- Develop positive attitudes toward learning
- Develop a sense of confidence and self-esteem
- Improved ability to socialize and play with others
- Increased independence
- Development of healthy habits and well-being
- Full-day classes scheduled for five days per week
- Organized activities within a play-based learning environment
- Flexible instruction based on students’ needs and interests
- Supports like speech and language services, physical therapy, occupational therapy and family resource co-ordinator services
Students must be four on or before March 1. Learn more about registering for Kindergarten, or contact a school offering Full-day Kindergarten.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in Full-day Kindergarten will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
Some yellow busing options are available. For more information, contact a school offering Full-day Kindergarten or call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.