Awasis (Cree) programming allows students to increase their knowledge of aboriginal cultures and traditions, and develop language skills in Cree.
- Develop academic skills while integrating aboriginal perspectives into all areas of study
- Improved understanding of aboriginal cultures, spirituality and beliefs
- Improved understanding of aboriginal history in Canada
- Proficiency in more than one language
- Cree as a second language instruction provided daily
- Cultural teachings and ceremonies led by Aboriginal Elders
- Participation in aboriginal events and celebrations
- Field trips to aboriginal cultural sites
- Traditional aboriginal games, dancing, music and art
- Access to community services and aboriginal supports for students and their families
Students in Kindergarten to Grade 6 from all cultures are welcome to enrol. For more information about eligibility, contact Prince Charles School.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in Awasis (Cree) will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
Some yellow busing options are available. For more information about busing, contact Prince Charles School or call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.