Registered Apprentice Program (RAP)
Programming supports students who learn well through on-the-job training and want a career where they work with their hands.
Students enrolled in RAP can:
- work as an apprentice in one of Alberta’s 50 or more designated trades
- spend part of the year completing high school diploma requirements and another part of the year working
- gain experience at an approved work site
- accumulate hours toward a ticket while attending high school full-time
- complete health and safety training
- get a head start on completing the first year of apprenticeship training while in high school
- transition into full-time apprenticeship program upon high school graduation
For more information, talk to your high school counsellor or visit Trade Secrets.