Challenge programming supports high-achieving students characterized by their ability to remember with little practice, work and learn quickly, and understand abstract relationships.
- Develop academic skills in a challenging learning environment
- Strengthened problem-solving and research skills
- Opportunities to study advanced concepts
- Improved ability to cope with feelings of perfectionism, sensitivity or frustration
- Improved ability to recognize and affirm existing knowledge and skills
- Flexible instruction and pacing that matches students’ academic needs, abilities and goals
- In-depth study of complex and challenging assignments
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills through a variety of learning activities
- Supportive environment consisting of other high-achieving students
Students must be enrolled in elementary or junior high. Contact your child’s school for information about eligibility and special education programming options.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in Challenge will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
Most schools offering special education needs programming have some yellow busing options available. For more information about busing, contact your child’s school or call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.
15451 84 Ave NW
11915 40 Ave NW
13915 61 St NW