International Baccalaureate Certificate Career-Related
International Baccalaureate (IB) programming challenges students to be successful in school, prepare for post-secondary education and to be an active lifelong learner in a global society. The Career-Related Programme incorporates the values of the IB into a unique program addressing the needs of students focused on career-related education. At Victoria School the career-related focus is in the arts.
- Focus on career-related learning
- Gain transferable and lifelong skills in applied knowledge, critical thinking, communication, and cross-cultural engagement
- Improved ability to handle rigorous and advanced coursework
- Improved ability to research, analyze and present arguments
- Development of independence and responsibility for learning
- Practical, real-world approaches to learning
- Improved understanding of using different approaches to learning and understanding concepts
- Development of skills and competencies required for lifelong learning
- Development of a sense of international mindedness
- Enrolment in IB Primary Years, IB Middle Years, IB Certificate or IB Diploma
- Curriculum with a career-related perspective
- Opportunities to study another language other than English
- Instruction that demonstrates how concepts learned in one subject could apply in other subject areas
- International Baccalaureate organization sets specific learning standards and practices
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in International Baccalaureate will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
Edmonton Transit is the preferred method of transportation. For more information about busing, contact a school offering International Baccalaureate or call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.