Science Alternative programming supports students in building academic skills through investigation and hands-on learning to understand how science shapes our world.
- Develop critical and creative-thinking skills while integrating science concepts in all areas of studies
- Incorporate real-world learning experiences
- Increased understanding of the scientific process
- Opportunities for in-depth study of research interests
- Improved ability to think logically, reason and problem-solve
- Improved ability to use technology as a tool for learning
- Exploring the process of asking questions, seeking information and demonstrating learning using a variety of sources and methods
- Emphasis on environmental citizenship
- Working collaboratively on research projects
- Participation in community service activities
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in Science Alternative will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
Some yellow busing options are available. For more information about busing, contact Elmwood School or call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.
16325 83 Ave NW