Vimy Ridge Academy Alternative
Vimy Ridge Academy Alternative programming balances academics and athletics, giving students the opportunity to participate in outdoor sports and traditional indoor activities.
- Develop academic skills while integrating outdoor and indoor physical activity
- Exposure to a variety of sports and activities
- Increased awareness of and appreciation for the outdoors
- Improved physical fitness
- Improved leadership and teamwork skills
- Core academic classes integrated with indoor and outdoor physical activity
- School-based activities (e.g. volleyball and basketball) and off-campus activities (e.g. canoeing, hiking and biking)
- One back-country camping excursion (outside of school time) each year for junior high students and one excursion each semester for senior high students
Students must be in Grades 7 to 12 and may participate in an interview with the program director.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Edmonton. Students enrolled in Vimy Ridge Academy Alternative will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
Edmonton Transit is the preferred method of transportation. For more information about busing, contact Vimy Ridge Academy or call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.