Our staff and teachers are getting ready to welcome students to in-person and online learning this year.
2021-22 BACK TO SCHOOL PLAN
Families can read the Division’s 2021-22 Back to School Plan to know what to expect in our schools this fall. Review the plan and think about how you would like your child to learn for the first half of the year—from September to the end of January 2022.
The plan focuses on many strategies that work together to keep staff and students as safe as possible.
WEARING MASKS AT SCHOOL
Masks are an important way to mitigate the risk of spreading COVID-19, especially now as Alberta is still working toward all eligible individuals being fully vaccinated and children under 12 cannot yet be vaccinated.
Masks will also enable us to more quickly reintroduce many events that were postponed throughout the pandemic. With the extra level of safety that masks provide, we can reintroduce such things as field trips, volunteers and special in-person events.
To begin the school year, all staff and students in Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 12 will be required to wear a mask.
READ OUR BACK TO SCHOOL PLAN
Other safety strategies for schools include:
- requiring the use of masks for all students and staff
- daily health screening for students and staff before coming to school
- a stay-at-home protocol for those who are sick
- enhanced cleaning and disinfecting in schools and on yellow buses
- encouraging physical distancing where possible
- creating cohorts of students where possible
- hand hygiene requirements for students and staff
- requiring staff or students to isolate if they have core COVID-19 symptoms or test positive for COVID-19
- partnering with Alberta Health to host vaccination clinics in schools
AFTER THE DEADLINE
After August 19, students cannot move from in-person to online learning.
The deadline helps us make decisions about teaching assignments and what resources are needed to support your child’s learning for the first half of the year.
Schools will share more information about what to expect on the first day of school soon.
If a full return to in-person learning in 2022 is not possible due to the pandemic, families will be asked again to choose in-person or online learning for the rest of the school year.