amiskwaciy Academy programming immerses students in a learning environment that honours aboriginal culture, language and traditions.
- Develop academic skills while respecting aboriginal perspectives and stories
- Improved understanding of aboriginal spirituality, values and beliefs through self-reflection
- Development of citizenship and leadership skills
- Guidance and cultural instruction provided by Aboriginal Elders
- Partnerships with post-secondary institutions, community organizations and businesses help students transition into further academic studies, apprenticeships or the workplace
- Participation in aboriginal events and celebrations
- Traditional aboriginal games, dancing, music and art
- Senior high school years divided into four quarters to allow students to focus on two subjects per quarter
- Access to community services and aboriginal supports for students and their families
Students in Grades 7 to 12 from all cultures are welcome to enrol. For more information about eligibility, contact amiskwaciy Academy.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in amiskwaciy Academy will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
Edmonton Transit is the preferred method of transportation. For more information about busing, contact amiskwaciy Academy or call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.