Dance (Ballet) programming balances dance training with classroom study. This professional dance program is offered by the Division in partnership with the Edmonton School of Ballet.
- Develop classical and contemporary dance, and academic skills
- Learn technical and artistic components of choreography
- Improved technique and enhanced knowledge of various dance disciplines
- Preparation for advanced training or competition
- Opportunities to achieve dance and academic goals
- Certification in Cecchetti and Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) methods of ballet available for selected students
- Improved time management and organizational skills
- Academic classes in the morning and dance training in the afternoon
- Training in ballet, jazz, lyrical and modern dance, including tap, hip hop, acro and flamenco
- Flexible classroom schedules to accommodate dance training or competitions
- Dance instruction and training provided by certified coaches
- Eight large, dance studios with sprungwood floors
- Partnerships with the Edmonton School of Ballet, Edmonton Festival Ballet and the Edmonton Contemporary Dancers to allow students additional training and challenging learning opportunities
- Additional fees to cover extra costs such as pianists, costuming, choreography and performances
To enrol in Dance, students must:
- be in Grades 7-12
- have a background in dance
- complete an audition
For more information about eligibility, contact the school.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in Dance (Ballet) will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
Edmonton Transit Service (ETS) is the preferred method of transportation. For more information about busing, contact or call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.