Awasis (Cree) programming allows students to increase their knowledge of aboriginal cultures and traditions, and develop language skills in Cree.
- Develop academic skills while integrating aboriginal perspectives into all areas of study
- Improved understanding of aboriginal cultures, spirituality and beliefs
- Improved understanding of aboriginal history in Canada
- Proficiency in more than one language
- Cree as a second language instruction provided daily
- Cultural teachings and ceremonies led by Aboriginal Elders
- Participation in aboriginal events and celebrations
- Field trips to aboriginal cultural sites
- Traditional aboriginal games, dancing, music and art
- Access to community services and aboriginal supports for students and their families
Students in Kindergarten to Grade 6 from all cultures are welcome to enrol. For more information about eligibility, contact Prince Charles .
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in Awasis (Cree) will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
Some yellow busing options are available. For more information about busing, contact Prince Charles School or call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.
12325 127 Street NW