The Joint Use Agreement (JUA) is a formal partnership between the City of Edmonton, Edmonton Public Schools, Edmonton Catholic Schools and Conseil scolaire Centre-Nord to share facilities to benefit students and Edmontonians.
The Joint Use Agreement: Facilities provides:
- use of City recreational facilities (arenas, pools, etc.) to students during school hours
- access to school facilities for community groups after school hours
- shared use of sports fields by students and community sport groups
The Joint Use Agreement: Land:
- guides the planning, assembly, design, development, and maintenance of school and park (joint use) sites
- provides the framework for decision making related to surplus reserve and non-reserve sites and reserve accounts
See Schedule B-2 of the Joint Use Agreement for eligibility details.