Support Career Opportunities
Support positions include administrative assistants, clerks, food preparers, interpreters, library technicians, secretaries, educational assistants and technicians. Support staff are represented by CUPE Local 3550.
For more information about support positions, the application process please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 780-429-8111.
Prior to employment, successful candidates will be required to submit records check documents.
Application and Employment Information
Descriptors of Language Proficiency
Support Staff Application Form (Required)
Mandatory Records Check and Disclosure (Required)
Support Staff Qualifications Checklist (Required)
Support Staff Collective Agreement
Supply Educational Assistants – Special Education
At Edmonton Public Schools, our vision is to transform the learners of today into the leaders of tomorrow. If you picture yourself working with students and making a significant difference in their lives, Edmonton Public Schools offers exciting employment opportunities. As a Supply Support Staff member, you will embark on a rewarding career path that offers flexibility, variety and opportunities to learn and grow professionally.
Although the number of hours per week cannot be guaranteed, due to significant shortages of educational assistants, those individuals willing to accept assignments throughout the City of Edmonton can expect regular work. Excellent opportunities also exist for those seeking permanent employment. An excellent benefit package is provided to staff who receives long term assignments beyond 25 days in duration.
View the full job posting
Educational Assistant (Speech Language Pathologist Assistant)
10-month, full-time, permanent
Edmonton Public Schools is seeking a full-time, 10 month, permanent Educational Assistant to join our team of dedicated staff to work with children in the Early Years program. As the ideal candidate, you will work collaboratively with Teachers, Speech Language Pathologists and other professionals to support very young children develop the basic skills necessary for success when transitioning to school.
• you are energetic and enjoy working with children
• you thrive working in a multi-disciplinary environment that encourages collaboration
• you have achieved excellence in your profession
• you are patient and supportive with your clients
• you make a difference
ABOUT YOUR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• you have a recognized diploma as a Speech Language Pathology Assistant or Communication Disorder Assistant
• you have a minimum of one year related experience including classroom based service delivery to children
• you have experience working in partnership with children’s families to achieve speech and language goals
• you have excellent communication and collaboration skills
• you have access to a vehicle for travel
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Educational Assistant will:
• lead and assist speech and language therapy in the Early Education Program
• support students in the areas of cognition, self-help, fine motor, socialization, play, communication, behaviour, and gross motor development
• model speech and language skills for other Educational Assistants
• provide personal care including toileting and diapering
• participate in and conduct Family Oriented Programming sessions and conduct home visits
ABOUT WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER:
• competitive salary ($23.10 - $29.59 per hour)
• a comprehensive benefits package including extended health care, dental, vision and extended disability
• pension plan eligibility
• Health Spending Account
• professional development opportunities
• 10-month position – summers off
• 7 hour work days
If you are interested in working with an organization that supports and encourages children with special needs to reach their full potential, we encourage you to apply.
Note: This position may be located at Hazeldean School 6715 - 97 Street, Lansdowne School 12323 - 51 Avenue, or Steinhauer School 10717 - 32A Avenue. Travel between sites may be required.
Rate of pay reflects a market adjustment for positions requiring Therapy Assistant Program (Speech Language Pathologist Assistant).
View the full job posting