Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
The STEM program supports students in learning with a focus on science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Students will learn to research and solve real-world problems in innovative ways, and gain a deeper understanding of each of the STEM fields and how they work together.
- develop research and problem-solving skills that can be applied to real-world problems
- increase understanding of the role of innovation, science and technology in creative solutions
- improve ability to think critically, creatively and in different ways
- empower students to be leaders in science, engineering, technology and mathematics fields
- opportunities for in-depth study and use of science, technology, engineering and mathematics to solve problems
- deeper understanding of each of the STEM fields and how they work together
- improved ability to use technology as a tool for learning
- opportunities to take risks and explore challenges in a safe environment
- inspire an innovative and inventive approach to finding solutions to problems
- hands-on and project-based approaches to learning and designing solutions for real-world problems
- work collaboratively on projects that require creative and innovative solutions
- focus on how to work through complex problems using brainstorming, prototyping and testing cycles
Students must be in Grade 7 to 12. Contact a school offering STEM for more information about programming options.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in the STEM program will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
Edmonton Transit is the preferred method of transportation for junior high and high schools students. For more information about busing, contact the school or call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.
Senior High 2022—23
6310 Wagner Road NW