Traditional programming focuses on traditional values and goals of education and citizenship. Students receive direct instruction of basic skills in a structured learning environment.
- Develop academic skills and high standards of conduct
- Develop strong work ethic and study skills
- Develop traditional values of respect, responsibility and self-control
- Improved reading and writing skills
- Improved math skills
- Demonstration of personal responsibility, diligence and self-discipline
- Structured and orderly classroom environment based on regular routines
- Development of phonics, grammar, spelling, handwriting and math skills
- Instruction of basic reading, writing, handwriting and math delivered in a systematic and sequential way
- Using recitation, memorization and practice exercises to improve learning
- Goal-setting in areas of citizenship and academic achievement
- Regular homework beginning in Kindergarten
- Consistent and fair discipline and school-wide rules
Students must be in Kindergarten to Grade 6. Contact the school for information about eligibility and programming options.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in Traditional will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
Some yellow busing options are available. For more information about busing, contact the school or call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.
8945 153 Street NW