Academic Enrichment programming provides a rigorous academic experience for students who are driven to learn and seek challenges.
- Develop academic skills in a challenging and supportive learning environment
- Demonstrate a deeper understanding of the core subjects
- Improved ability to manage rigorous coursework
- Improved work and study skills
- Development of skills required for critical thinking, communication, creativity and innovation
- Preparation for Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate high school courses
- Preparation for post-secondary and life-long learning
- Emphasis on using different approaches, learning strategies and real-world applications for in-depth study
- Opportunities for students to work in groups, allowing students to collaborate with their peers
- Intellectual risk taking and experimentation is encouraged
- Participation in community service activities that helps students understand cultural and global issues
- Parental support and commitment is encouraged
To be eligible for this programming, students must be:
- Enrolled in Grades 7 to 9
- Motivated to achieve, enjoy challenges and demonstrate an ability to analyze information critically
- Recommended to the program by their current school, in consultation with their parents
Contact a school offering Academic Enrichment for more information about eligibility.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in Academic Enrichment will receive the same high-quality education available in all of our programs.
Edmonton Transit is the preferred method of transportation. For more information about busing, contact the school or call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.