Distance and Online Learning
Our teachers care deeply about their students, and staff across the Division are committed to ensuring your child has the skills they need to be successful. The Government of Alberta has implemented new guidelines to ensure students continue learning during the COVID-19 pandemic.
TRANSITION TO DISTANCE LEARNING
Starting March 30, instruction will support students as they learn at home. We’ve been working quickly to make sure teachers have the resources they need to shift to this new learning environment. It will take time for teachers and students to establish new routines.
Schools will work with families to make sure students have access to the technology and resources they need. If you have questions about support for your child’s learning, connect with your child’s teacher.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
While students are learning from home, families can focus on two main sources of information.
- Stay connected with your child’s teacher(s) to figure out a schedule for your child’s learning.
- Check SchoolZone often for the latest updates from your school.If you do not have your SchoolZone login information, or login information for your child, contact their school on or after Monday, March 30 to ask for usernames and passwords.
EXTRA RESOURCES FOR PARENTS
If you choose to supplement your child’s learning at home, there are many resources available for parents.
Edmonton Public Schools tips and resources:
- Review the Literacy page to find tip sheets for parents of elementary, junior and senior high students.
- Visit the Numeracy page for more tip sheets and resources.
- Sign in to SchoolZone and choose the resources tab to find videos and activities you can do with your children.
The Alberta Government has confirmed:
- Every student will receive a final mark and students will progress to their next grade level for the next school year.
- All Grade 6 and 9 provincial achievement tests and Grade 12 diploma exams are cancelled. (Under special circumstances, students can request to write a diploma exam. Students wishing to do so should speak to their teacher and school administrator.)
- Every student who is eligible to graduate from Grade 12 this year will graduate.