EPSB.ca » Schools » Register for School » New Student Registration

New Student Registration

Schools start accepting new student registration packages for the next school year on February 2, 2021

Choosing a School

Students are guaranteed entry to their designated school if registered (new students) or pre-enrolled (current students) no later than April 15, 2021. Use the Find a School tool to find your designated school.

A student may also attend any other school in the Division, as long as:

  • the school has available space
  • the student meets any entrance criteria of that school

If the number of students who want to attend a school or program exceeds the available space, applicants from outside the school’s designated attendance area will be chosen by random selection.

New Student Registration Process for 2021-22

New student registrations will now be submitted online. Schools will no longer accept printed registrations. Do not drop off registration forms at the school.

You can register at any of our schools throughout the year, but submitting a registration package after the deadline of April 15, 2021 may limit your options to schools with available space. Learn more about registration dates and deadlines.

How to register

Step 1: Go to the website for your preferred school 

Look for the online form on your preferred school's website under the tab that says For Parents then choose Registration.

Step 2: Complete the Student Registration form 

Complete and sign a Student Registration form. Fill out the form electronically, print a copy and scan the completed copy, or print and take photos of each page.

Step 3: Fill out the online form on your preferred school's website 

You will need to upload copies of the following documents when filling out the form:

  • a completed, signed Student Registration form
  • confirmation of address for the student's parent/guardian (see below)
  • legal proof of the student’s name, citizenship and birthdate (see below)

Examples of accepted documentation: 

 Legal Proof of a Student's Name

Confirmation of Address

  • Canadian provincial birth certificate
  • Canadian citizenship document
  • passport
  • student visa

In some cases, immigration documents (e.g. landed immigrant documentation or a Permanent Residence Card) may also be required. Visit 
Citizenship and Immigration Canada for more information.

  • driver's license
  • utility bill
  • home insurance
  • property tax bill

In some cases, you may be asked to provide more than one of the above. 

Other ways to register

Families who are unable to register online can mail their completed Student Registration form and copies of their supporting documents to the following address:

Central Records 
18004-116 Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB
T5S 1L5

We strongly suggest families register online to ensure their documents are received before 4 p.m. on April 15, 2021 in case postal service is interrupted.

Confirming your registration submission

Once you have submitted your registration package, the school will review the documents. This does not mean your child has been enrolled at the schoolthe school will contact you to let you know once your child is enrolled.

The school will contact you if they need clarification about any of the documents you submit.

More Information

Learn about: