Esther and Peter Cunliffe Scholarship
In the spring of 2000, Esther and Peter Cunliffe made a commitment for a portion of their estate to be made available for scholarships for students graduating from Edmonton Public Schools.
The purpose of this scholarship is to recognize a student registered at Edmonton Public Schools who is completing high school in the current year, demonstrates excellent academic performance and outstanding personal and leadership qualities, and requires financial support to attend one of the following post-secondary institutions in Edmonton: University of Alberta, Northern Alberta Institute of Technology or MacEwan University.
SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT: 40% of fall and winter tuition (minimum of $1,500)
An applicant must:
- be registered at an Edmonton Public Schools high school and completing high school in the current year
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or First Nations, Metis, and Inuit
- demonstrate excellent performance in academic courses and outstanding personal and leadership qualities
- require financial support to pursue post-secondary studies
- have conditional acceptance from one of the following post-secondary institutions: University of Alberta, Northern Alberta Institute of Technology or MacEwan University
The school principal will be asked to support the student’s application for this scholarship and verify:
- the applicant demonstrates excellent performance in academic courses
- financial support is essential in order for the applicant to pursue post-secondary studies
GETTING READY TO APPLY
Before completing the application form, the applicant must:
- get a signed letter of reference from a current Edmonton Public Schools staff member
- get a signed letter of reference from a non-family member
- write a maximum 500-word letter to the selection team or submit a current resume in which the student describes evidence of their outstanding personal and leadership qualities (if the applicant doesn’t already have a resume, they can build one in their myBlueprint account, available through SchoolZone)
- prepare a copy of their conditional acceptance from one of the following post-secondary institutions: University of Alberta, Northern Alberta Institute of Technology or MacEwan University
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The application form is now closed.
The selection team will rank each submission on the applicant's evidence of their academic standing and extracurricular and community involvement. The recipient will be contacted in June.