LeRoy Warden & Associates Scholarship
When LeRoy Warden is asked what motivated him to establish the scholarship, he replies, "I simply want to help because it resonates with my soul, and lending a helping hand may make the world of difference for one person."
The purpose of this scholarship is to assist a student registered in Edmonton Public Schools who is completing high school in the current year, with clear career plans and financial need realize the possibility of attending one of the following post-secondary institutions in Edmonton: University of Alberta, MacEwan University, Northern Alberta Institute of Technology or University of Alberta Campus Saint-Jean.
SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT: A cheque in the amount of Fall and Winter tuition, program and mandatory school fees not to exceed $10,000 will be forwarded directly to the post-secondary institution on behalf of the recipient.
Please note: This scholarship does not include application fees, tuition deposits or books. The recipient shall submit a statement of account with balance due no later than two weeks before the official payment due date of the post-secondary institution.
An applicant must:
- Be registered at an Edmonton Public high school and completing high school in the current year.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or First Nations, Metis, and Inuit.
- Demonstrate financial need that would restrict their ability to pursue post-secondary studies.
- Meet the entrance requirements for the program of their choice, and have conditional acceptance at one of the following post-secondary institutions in Edmonton: University of Alberta, MacEwan University, Northern Alberta Institute of Technology or University of Alberta Campus Saint-Jean.
- Demonstrate clear education and career plans and evidence of career exploration.
The school principal will be asked to:
- Support the student’s application for this scholarship.
- Verify financial support is required in order for the applicant to pursue post-secondary studies.
- Explain what makes the applicant a worthy recipient of the scholarship.
GETTING READY TO APPLY
Before completing the application form, the applicant must:
- Get a signed letter of reference from a non-family member.
- Write a maximum 500-word personal essay and/or create a maximum three-minute video that describes their strengths, future education and career plans, evidence of career exploration and reasons for deserving the scholarship.
- Prepare a copy of their conditional acceptance from one of the following post-secondary institutions: University of Alberta, Northern Alberta Institute of Technology or MacEwan University. If conditional acceptance has not been received by May 8, 2020 please call Strategic District Supports at 780-429-8019.
Submissions now closed.