ALERT: Schools remain closed to students and visitors. Instruction moves to distance and online learning. Learn More. » Schools » Register for School » High School Registration

High School Registration

High School Guide 2020
Web Banner


Take the time to find schools you’re interested in and choose one that suits you. Visit school websites and social media accounts and review program guides to learn more about what you can look forward to at each school, including:


Students are guaranteed entry to their designated school if registered (new students) or pre-enrolled (current students) before April 15, 2020. Use the Find a School tool to find your designated school.

A student may also choose to attend any other high school in the Division, as long as:

If the number of students who want to attend a school or program exceeds the available space, applicants from outside the school’s designated attendance area will be chosen by random selection


If you’re applying to Old Scona, you must meet certain entrance criteria and submit an application by February 21, 2020. Learn more about schools with entrance criteria.


If you’re new to Edmonton Public Schools, you’ll need to complete a Student Registration form and submit it to the office at your preferred school before April 15. Applying after April 15 may limit your options to high schools with available space.  Learn more about registering as a new student.

Step 1: Review and complete the Student Registration form

Review, complete and print the Student Registration form. Sign the printed form.

Step 2: Submit the completed form

Bring the following to your preferred school:

  • a completed, signed Student Registration form
  • confirmation of address for the student's parent/guardian (see below)
  • legal proof of the student’s name, citizenship and birth date (see below)

Examples of accepted documentation: 

Legal Proof of a Student's Name

Confirmation of Address

  • Canadian provincial birth certificate
  • Canadian citizenship document
  • passport
  • student visa

In some cases, immigration documents (e.g. landed immigrant documentation or a Permanent Residence Card) may also be required. Visit 
Citizenship and Immigration Canada for more information.

  • driver's license
  • utility bill
  • home insurance
  • property tax bill

In some cases, you may be asked to provide more than one of the above. 


Parents of current Division students will select their child’s preferred high school by signing in to their parent SchoolZone account between March 9 and April 15, 2020. If you have questions or need help completing pre-enrolment before the April 15 deadline, contact your school. Learn more about pre-enrolling a current Division student for the next school year. 

More Information

Learn more about: